Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Product Review- Tinkyada Brown Rice Pasta

I just tried Tinkyada Pasta Joy;  the Brown Rice Penne pasta (with rice bran). I am very glad I did! This is the best gluten-free pasta I have tried yet. It contains simply, brown rice, rice bran and water. It has a smoother texture than some of the corn pasta products and its color is more similar to regular pasta as well. If I did not know ahead of time, I would have assumed I was eating regular semolina wheat pasta. I found this in my regular supermarket, Demoulas Market Basket. It was $3.79 for a 1 pound package. Kinda pricey, but the other benefit is, unlike some of the corn pastas, it does not get hard when refrigerated. It maintains its texture, so I can use it to make macaroni/pasta salads. As you can see by their advertising, they have a lot of variety.



No comments:

Post a Comment